Sigh! The fact remains that 2020 was a difficult year; filled with loss – of loved ones, jobs, businesses, livelihoods, name it… In our shared grief also came a strong sense of togetherness, unison, brotherhood, in a way that perhaps the world has never seen. People regardless of nationalities, racial, ethnic, and religious divides rose with a common voice of love and hope and did extraordinary things for strangers, and in this, the world is grateful and in this sense of togetherness, I daresay will never remain the same.
We are thankful for 2020 – especially grateful to our health workers across the globe – in which we have all shown extraordinary strength and resilience, and we look forward to 2021 with renewed hope, with open arms of love and support for one and all!!
Happy New Year!!
Here are 20 motivational quotes to keep the flame burning, to inspire you to succeed in the face of the failures, setbacks, and barriers of 2020, and to always keep you hopeful that your best is yet to come!
1. “The real test is not whether you avoid this failure, because you won’t. It’s whether you let it harden or shame you into inaction, or whether you learn from it; whether you choose to persevere.” – Barack Obama
2. “Success isn’t just about what you accomplish in your life; it’s about what you inspire others to do.” — Unknown
3. “Fall seven times and stand up eight.” — Japanese Proverb
4. “Some people dream of success while others wake up and work.” — Unknown
5. “If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
6. “The difference between who you are and who you want to be is what you do.”
7. “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks that others throw at him.” — David Brinkley
8. “In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.” — Bill Cosby
9. “In order to succeed, we must first believe that we can.” — Nikos Kazantzakis
10. “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas Edison
11. “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people get is to take a bite out of you.” — Zig Ziglar
12. “The secret of success is to do the common thing uncommonly well.” — John D. Rockefeller Jr.
13. “You know you are on the road to success if you would do your job, and not be paid for it.” — Oprah Winfrey
14. “There is a powerful driving force inside every human being that, once unleashed, can make any vision, dream, or desire a reality.” — Anthony Robbins
15. “The secret to success is to know something nobody else knows.” — Aristotle Onassis
16. “I failed my way to success.” — Thomas Edison
17. “I never dreamed about success, I worked for it.” — Estee Lauder
18. “I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it, and make trial after trial, until it comes.” — Thomas Edison
19. “The only place where success comes before work is in the dictionary.” — Vidal Sassoon
20. “Keep on going, and the chances are that you will stumble on something, perhaps when you are least expecting it. I never heard of anyone ever stumbling on something sitting down.” – Unknown